Breaking News
The Student Newspaper of East High School

The Leopard

The Leopard

The Leopard

Getting to Know Bertot !

For this quarter’s teacher feature we wanted to better get to know a school favorite, Mr. Bertot! We hope you enjoy
learning just as much as we did interviewing. Bertot originally started his teaching career in Japan where he worked for three years and was fluent in Japanese. In the time spent in Japan he met his wife of now 20 years during a similar program. Bertot was married January 1st, 2003 in Hawaii, and commented how it is one of the things most remarkable events in his life. When Bertot moved back to Utah he missed teaching and being around the
student life and came to teach at East. Bertot says his favorite class is any class after 2020because he was able to watch us evolve from not being able to talk to each other and go the opposite direction of what people thought.
Sitting down with him we were able to learn more about his favorite things and how you might be able to
relate too from his personal likings. Bertot’s favorite color is blue and/or black. He loves being outdoors, exploring
nature and skiing. One awesome fact about him is his love for running ultra marathons, talk about intense!
Thank you for all you do for East High and for giving us the opportunity to brag about you Mr. Bertot, you’re
awesome!